Tuesday 18 November 2014

Dirty 30!




My birthday party pics.

It happened. I turned 30. 

I tend to think I am quite a positive person, but the mere mention of turning thirty turned me into a weepy emotional mess. It's quite sad and depressing to admit that I looked around me at the other people in my life, and how well they were doing, and felt like I had really let myself down.

I was a high flyer at school, I went to a grammar school, I never got in any trouble, pretty much a straight A student. It was expected that I would go to University, get a first, then on to a £40k a year job......not the case.

I left Brighton Uni after a couple of weeks.

I got a rather rubbishly paid job as a Teaching Assistant while I decided if teaching was the profession for me. 

I fell pregnant and then got married to a complete idiot. 

I was stuck in my low paid job till my daughter was old enough to go to school and I could afford to go to University to train as a teacher.

I split up with my husband and had to sell my lovely house, go into rented and pay the extortionate rental prices.

So there it is.... my feeling sorry for myself story. I was almost ready for a mid life crisis then I was reminded of the good things.

I SPLIT up with my bastard husband...HURRAH.

I have a wonderful, bright, slightly insane 5 year old.

I have met the most wonderful man who looks after me, loves me, supports me and makes me piss my pants with laughter!!

Although I am still getting paid minimum wage in my TA job, I am back at University one day a week, finally on my journey to be a teacher.

To conclude.....I need to stop moping around and feeling sorry for myself. Just because my life isn't where I thought it would be, I am still in a good place and am on the road to perfection!


Hope I didn't bore anyone to death!

Tasha x



No comments:

Post a Comment